根据意思选出恰当的词语填空1.hiedad and daughter sexlost her life___(bec

小题1:C小题2:A小题3:B小题4:D小题5:B小题6:A小题7:C小题8:D小题9:A小题10:B小题11:C小题12:D小题13:A小题14:B小题15:C小题16:D小题17:A小题18:A小题19:B小题20:C略
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
阅读下面短文,从短文后所给各题的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑Mr Adamson enjoys playing the violin in his spare time. He is often pleased with his own &21 . But it is a &22&time for his neighbors when Mr Adamson plays the violin, as he &23&so badly.One day Mr Adamson sat by a &24&and began to play the violin as usual. Mr Adamson seemed to be making& 25&instead of music, but he was so& 26&that he almost forgot what he was doing. Just& 27 , some stones were thrown out of the windows under &28 &Mr Adamson was sitting,& 29&he did not pay any attention to it. The “music”& 30 . After a little while, an empty bottle and a worn-out shoe were thrown out of the window,& 31 . Only then did Mr Adamson know this was not the place for him to play in. Mr Adamson was very& 32 . He thought, “ 33&no living people can understand my music, I should go to a place where people may appreciate my works.” So he& 34&to go to a graveyard(墓地).He came to a graveyard where there was no other& 35&except the church bell. Mr Adamson sat at a grave and thought& 36 , “I must do my best to& 37&that my music is outstanding.” The more he thought, the more inspired he was, and& 38&he began to play his violin. Suddenly a barefoot(赤脚) stretched out from the graveyard and gave him a heavy& 39&which sent him flying. His violin also dropped from his hand. Mr Adamson felt very sad& 40&his works were not accepted by anyone, not even the dead.小题1:A.voiceB.noiseC.musicD.sound小题2:A.uselessB.terribleC.wonderfulD.long小题3:A.singsB.shoutsC.dancesD.plays小题4:A.houseB.windowC.doorD.wall小题5:A.soundB.somethingC.voiceD.noises小题6:A.excitedB.angryC.lovelyD.disappointed小题7:A.thatB.rightC.nowD.then小题8:A.whereB.itC.thatD.which小题9:A.andB.althoughC.butD.as小题10:A.stoppedB.beganC.playedD.continued小题11:A.togetherB.againC.eitherD.too小题12:A.happyB.sadC.worriedD.pleased小题13:A.UnlessB.As ifC.AsD.Before小题14:A.decidedB.saidC.thoughtD.knew小题15:A.voiceB.soundC.thingD.building小题16:A.somethingB.his musicC.hardlyD.a lot小题17:A.proveB.confirmC.explainD.mean小题18:A.firstB.secondC.finallyD.third小题19:A.kickB.boxingC.pushD.shoe小题20:A.untilB.andC.becauseD.so
题型:阅读理解
Bushwick is a tough place to grow up. This part of Brooklyn, in New York City, has a lot of crimes. More than half of its 100,000 residents rely on aid from the government. Only 50% of students at Bushwick High School graduate in four years.Some people might say, “We should help these poor kids who have so many challenges.” But Malaak Compton-Rock looks at the teens in Bushwick and says, “Go to help kids who have even bigger challenges than you do.” She believes that once young people see the power they have to make things better, they can handle their own problems more easily. So her service group, the Angel Rock Project, took 30 Bushwick kids to Soweto, in South Africa, to help poor families there. Soweto is a township outside the city of Johannesburg. The effort, called Journey for Change, aims to show that any kid can change the world.“Kids in Bushwick face pressure to drop out of school or become involved in gangs and drugs.” Says Compton-Rock. “We want them to live a life of purpose and service.”In Soweto, many parents have died of AIDS, a deadly disease. When that happens, a grandparent or a child must lead the family. The Bushwick volunteers helped such families. They tended vegetable gardens, cared for babies and bought groceries.“The saddest thing was when we visited an orphanage (孤儿院) and I helped a little boy who had been abandoned because he had HIV, the virus that causes AIDS,” says Queen Clyde, 12. “It‘s been good to be on this trip. But what’s also important is what we do when it’s finished. That’s what counts.” “I never appreciated what I had until I saw some people who had nothing,” says Sadara Lewis, 12. “It’s really changed my attitude. I want to make a difference.”The trip was two weeks long. But the kids, aged 12 to 15, will spend all year speaking about their experience, fund-raising and more. 46. What’s the main idea of the first paragraph?A. Bushwick is the poorest place in New York City.B. Bushwick still needs more care from the government.C. It is children who suffer most in New York City.D. Children in Bushwick are living in a bad situation.47. In Compton-Rock’s opinion, the Bushwick kids _________.A. have fewer challenges than those in any other districtB. are living much better a life than people in AfricaC. can learn to deal with their own problems by helping othersD. should be kept out of schools in this part of the city48. Compared with Bushwick kids, some children in Soweto _________.A. may have bigger challenges&&&&&&&&&&&& B. receive no care from the governmentC. are much more independent&&&&&&&&&&&& D. are able to lead the family49. According to the passage, “Journey for Change” can be best seen as the saying “_________”.A. God helps those who help themselves&&&& B. saying and doing are two thingsC. one stone kills two birds&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. a friend in need is a friend indeed50. From the passage we know that _________.A. there are few students in Bushwick High SchoolB. the trip to Soweto will have a long influence in spite of its short time.C. most children are suffering from AIDS in SowetoD. kids with HIV will be abandoned in Soweto
Great changes have been made in family life because of science and industry. In the past, when more Americans lived on farms, the typical family had many children. In a farm family, parents and their children often lived with grandparents. Often, too, uncles and aunts lived nearby. But when industry becomes more important than agriculture in American life, families become smaller because industry requires workers who are ready and able to move off the land and to move again whenever necessary. And large families cannot be moved from place to place as easily as smaller families can. So , at present people tend to have smaller families. In the future, because of industrialization, a typical family will be required to move even more often than now, so families will be even smaller. The typical families may remain childless and are only made up of a man and a woman. A small number of families may take raising children as their chief work. At the same time they may also raise other people’s children, leaving those families free to move job to job. 61. The main topic discussed in the passage is _______. A. the development of science and industry in America B. the influence(影响) of science and industry on America families. C. the harmful effect of industrialization D. the social problems resulting from the highly developed science and industries in America62. _____ are described in the passage. A. Families of the past B. Families of the present and of the future C. Families of the past and of the future D. Families of the past, the present and the future63.According to the writer, one of the reasons that families are getting smaller in American is that _____. A. children tend to leave their parents and grandparents when they grow up B. people stop caring for having children C. the need for workers who are able to move any time has been increasing D. both old and young people like to live by themselves64._____ will be in charge of raising children in the future. A. most families&& B. all families&& C. social workers& D. a small number of families65. From the passage, we can conclude that _____. A. science and industry have caused thousands of families to separate B. children do not like to live with their parents or grandparents C. large families can hardly exist in modern society D. Americans are very careful in choosing their jobs
第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36~55各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。When asked what was the meaning of life, Dr. Papaderos brought out a very small round mirror. And his& 36& went like this:“When I was a small child, during the war, we were very& 37& and we lived in a remotevillage. One day, on the road, I found the broken pieces of a& 38 . A German motorcycle had been broken in that place.“I& 39& to find all the pieces and put them& 40 , but it was not possible, so I kept only the largest piece and made it& 41 . I began to play with it as a toy and became& 42& by the fact that I could reflect light into dark& 43& where the sun would never shine—in deep holes and dark closets. It became a game for me to get light into the most& 44& places I could find.“I& 45& the little mirror, and as I grew up, I would take it out in free moments and& 46&the challenge of the game. As I became a man, I grew to& 47& that this was not just a child’s game but a metaphor (隐喻) for what I might do with my& 48 . I came to understand that I am not the light or the& 49& of light. But light — truth, understanding, knowledge — is there,& 50& it will shine in many dark places& 51& I reflect it.“I am a fragment (碎片) of a mirror whose whole design and shape I do not know. Nevertheless, with what I have I can& 52& light into the dark places of this world — into the& 53& places in the hearts of men—and& 54& some things in some people. Perhaps others may see and do likewise. This is what I am about. This is the& 55& of my life.”36. A. view&&&&&&& B. idea&&&&&& C. theory&&&
D. answer 37. A. rich&&&&& B. good&& C. poor&& D. special38. A. mirror&&&&& B. metal&&&& C. wheel&&&&&&&&&& D. bicycle39. A. managed &&& B. tried&& C. went
D. remembered40. A. off&&&&&&&&& B. together&&&&&&& C. up&&&&&&&& D. back41. A. smooth B. small& C. round& D. bright42. A. fascinated&&&&&& B. confused&&&&&& C. puzzled&&&&&&&& D. moved43. A. hearts&&&&& B. closets&&&
C. holes&&&&& D. places44. A. inacceptable B. inaccessible&&&&&& C. remote&&&&&& D. distant45. A. hid&&&&&&&&& B. played with&&&&&&&&& C. made&&&& D. kept46. A. continue&&&&&&&& B. start&&&&&& C. complete&&&&&& D. stop47. A. expect& B. admit& C. understand& D. recognize48. A. life&&&&&&&&& B. work&&&&& C. action&&&
D. words49. A. resource&&&&&&&&& B. course&&&
C. cause&&&& D. source50. A. but&&&&&& B. besides&&&&&& C. and&&&& D. yet 51. A. as if&&&& B. only if&&&&&& C. even if&&&&&& D. if only52. A. represent&&&&&&&& B. improve&&&&&&& C. explain&&&&&&&&& D. reflect53. A. inside&& B. black& C. secret& D. dirty54. A. get&&&&&&&&& B. protect&&&&&&&&& C. find&&&&&& D. change55. A. meaning&&&&&&&& B. importance&&&
C. nature&&&
D. explanation
第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填人空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑One summer in college, I was invited to be an instructor at a high school leadership camp.I first&& 36&& a boy under the tree on the first day of camp. His obvious&& 37&& and shyness made him appear weak and lonely. Nearby, 200 &&38&&campers were playing and joking, but the boy seemed to want to be anywhere&& 39&& where he was.I was instructed to care more about campers who might feel&& 40& . So I&& 41&& him and said, “Hi, I’m Kevin. It’s nice to meet you. How are you?” 42&& a shaky voice he &&43&&answered, “Okay, I guess.”I calmly asked him to join in the activities and&& 44&& some new people. He quietly replied, “No, this is not really my thing.”I could&& 45&& that this whole experience was&& 46&& to him. But I somehow knew it wouldn’t be right to &&47&&him, either. It was going to take more time and&& 48& .The next day, I was leading camp songs for the campers. They eagerly participated. But the boy was just sitting alone,&& 49&& out the window.That evening at our nightly staff meeting, I made my&& 50& about him known. I asked them to pay special attention and spend time with him&& 51&& they could.The days flew by fast. When the “last dance” came, surprisingly, the boy from under the tree was now a shirtless dancing&& 52& . He owned the dance floor&& 53&& meaningful time with others. I couldn’t’ believe it was him.In that instant, I realized how easy it is to give a bit of&& 54& every day. You may never know how much each gesture may mean to someone else. I tell this story as&& 55&& as I can, and I advise others to look out for their own “boy under the tree.”36.A.learned&&&& B.recognized&&&&&& C.noticed&&&& D.heard37.A.anger&&&&&& B.discomfort&&&&&& C.excitement&&&&&& D.satisfaction38.A.ambitious B.curious&&&& C.anxious&&&& D.eager39.A.other than B.just as&&&&&& C.or rather&& D.as well as40.A.left out&&&& B.put out&&&& C.made out& D.let out41.A.passed &&& B.left&&& C.visited&&&&& D.approached42.A.At&&&& B.In&&&& C.On&&& D.By43.A.unfortunately&& B.unwillingly&&&&& C.unconsciously&& D.uninterestingly44.A.help& B.interview& C.find&& D.meet45.A.sense B.suggest&&&& C.consider&&& D.prove46.A.familiar&&& B.similar&&&&& C.strange&&&& D.typical47.A.push& B.pull&& C.pardon&&&&& D.punish48.A.effects&&&&& B.exercises&& C.efforts&&&&& D.expenses49.A.observing B.examining C.admiring&& D.staring50.A.trouble&&&& B.concern&&& C.devotion&& D.understanding51.A.unless&&&&&& B.before&&&&& C.when D.since52.A.wonder&&&& B.danger&&&&& C.scene D.instructor53.A.sparing&&&& B.saving&&&&& C.spreading& D.sharing54.A.himself&&&& B.yourself&&& C.themselves&&&&&& D.itself55.A.soon& B.far&&& C.often D.long
The World's Largest InsectThis giant insect can be used as a toy. A child ties one end of a string to a stick and the other end around the "neck" of an insect. Holding the stick, the child lets the insect go. With a loud whirring sound, the insect takes off, pulling the string in a large curve over the child's head. The child laughs as the stick jumps around. The child is African, and the toy is the African Goliath beetle, the largest insect in the world. The Goliath is a true insect because it has six legs and a body that is divided into three parts. Like all beetles, it has two pairs of wings. The front pair are thick and stiff and protect the back pair, which are soft. It is these soft back wings that make the beetle fly forward. They also cause the loud whirring sound the beetle makes when it flies. To steer, the beetle twists and turns its legs the same way you steer a bike by turning its front wheel. African children often use the Goliath beetle as a toy. Although it is over 15 centimeters long, it is quite harmless. 小题1:The African Goliath beetle is _______.&A.the world's largest insect B.a toy used in many parts of the world C.the only insect found in Africa D.the world's smallest insect小题2:What made the whirring sound that the child heard?A.The curved string. B.The beetle's soft wings. C.The beetle's six legs. D.The beetle's body.小题3: We know the Goliath beetle is a true insect because it _______.&A.makes a whirring sound when it fliesB.has both soft and hard wings C.has six legs and a body with three parts D.can fly小题4:When flying, the Goliath steers by_______.&A.turning its soft back wings B.twisting and turning its hard front wings C.twisting and turning its legs D.twisting and turning its whole body
第二节&&&完形填空(共20小题,每小题1.5分,满分30分)Once there was a very brilliant, creative and educated man. He gained much&& 36&& while traveling throughout the world. Unfortunately he lost his legs and left arm in a tragic accident, leaving only a finger and thumb on his right hand. He became so&& 37&& that he was afraid he would spend his life&& 38&& and would no longer be able to use his life in a(n)&& 39&& way.One day, he remembered how he had always loved getting&& 40& . He realized that he still had partial&& 41&& of his right hand and could write with&& 42& . Then, he had an idea. “Why not write to other people who need encouragement?”He&& 43&& where he could find those who could be encouraged if they read his letters. He thought of people in&& 44& . Many of them had hope of regaining their&& 45& . Others would keep feeling depressed and remain put away for the rest of their lives. He decided that he must try to&& 46&& them. So he wrote to a prison ministry about sending letters to the prisoners. The prison minister replied that writing to the prisoners would be&& 47& . However, it would be against prison rules for the prisoners to write back.48&& with the intention, the man began sending&& 49&& messages of God’s love, hope, strength, and encouragement. He wrote twice a week, testing his strength and ability to the&& 50& . He poured his heart and soul into his words,&& 51&& his experience, sense of humor, optimism, and faith.It was difficult to write those letters, especially without hope of any&& 52& . Frequently, he felt discouraged, wondering if anyone&& 53&&& read his letters. However, this was his&& 54&& chance,so he determined to continue.At last, he received a letter from the prison officer, which said, “Please write on the best paper you can afford. Your letters are passed from cell (牢房) to cell until they almost fall to&& 55& !”We all have unique experiences, abilities and talents. We can discover ways to reach others in need of encouragement and strength.36. A. wealth&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. faith&&&&& C. experience& D. confidence37. A. depressed&&&&&&&&&&& B. embarrassed&&&&&& C. ashamed &&&&&&D. thrilled38. A. writing&&&&&&&
B. suffering&&&&&& C. weeping&&&&&&D. wandering39. A. abnormal&&&&&&&&&&& B. regular&&&&&&&&& C. comfortable&&&&&& D. meaningful40. A. presents&&&&&&&&B. e-mails&&&&&&&&& C. letters&&&
D. prizes41. A. sense&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. strength&&&&&&&& C. shape&&&&&&&&D. function42. A. affection &&&&&&&&&&&B. caution&&&&&&&&& C. difficulty&&&&&& D. confidence43. A. estimated &&&&&&B. doubted&&&&&&&& C. assumed&&&&&&&& D. wondered44. A. hospitals &&&&&&&&&&&B. churches&&&&&&& C. prisons&&&&&&& D. charities45. A. families&&&&&&&&&&&&B. letters &&& C. freedom&&&&&&&& D. conscience46. A. release&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. reach&&&&&&&& C. defend&&&&&&&&& D. know47. A. acceptable &&&&&B. reasonable& C. prohibited&&&&&& D. considered48. A. Faced&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. Filled&&&&&&&& C. Satisfied && D. Impressed49. A. holy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. daily&&&&&&&&& C. one-way&&&&&D. round-way50. A. point&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. worst&&&&&&&& C. degree&&&&&&&D. limit51. A. sharing&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. learning&&&&&&& C. gaining&&&&&&&D. enriching52. A. success&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. reply&&&&&&&&& C. help&&&&&&&&&& D. progress53. A. curiously&&&&&&&&&&& B. patiently&&&&&&& C. carefully &&&&&&D. actually54. A. only&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. better &&&&&&&&&&C. extra&&&&&&&&&D. lost55. A. ruin&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. pieces &&& C. the ground& D. the bottom
第二部分: 阅读理解(共16小题,每小题2分,满分32分)第一节(共12小题:每小题2分,满分24分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。On September 22, 1986, Jay Brunkella, a police officer in the Rogers Park district in Chicago, was shot during a drug arrest and died. Shortly afterwards, fellow officer Ken Knapcik, a 20-year veteran(老警官)of the force, returned home after work to find a note from his 15 year old daughter on the dining table.Dad—This poem came directly from my heart. I love you so much! It scares and amazes me that you go out every day and risk everything to provide us with all that we have. I wrote this to express how much I love you and how much lost I’d be without you ---Laura. PS: Hey, let’s be careful out there.Titled The Ultimate Cop, Laura’s poem was dedicated “To all the cops in the world who have daughters who love them with all their hearts. And especially to my dad”. It was about a police officer’s daughter who sees on the night time news that her father has been shot. Part of poem: “Daddy, my Daddy, can you hear me cry? Oh, God, I need my Daddy, please don’t let him die.”Ken Knapcik stood alone as he read the poem. “It took me several minutes,” he said. “I’d get through part of it and have to stop before I could go on. I was weeping. She had never told me she was scared.” He took the poem to work the next day and showed it to his fellow officers. I’ve never seen so many grown men cry. Some couldn’t finish it.”Knapcik keeps Laura’s poem in the pocket of his police jacket. He takes it with him every time he leaves the house for a new shift. “I don’t want to be out there without it,” he said. “I’ll probably carry it with me forever.”51. Laura wrote the poem ____________. A. in memory of her father who was shot in the drug arrest B. to show her great sorrow in losing her father C. to show her respect to all the cops who lost their lives D. to tell Officer Ken Knapcik how much she loved him52. All the officers cried because ____________. A. Jay Brunkella was shot and died B. they were greatly touched by the poem C. the poem was so sad that they couldn’t hold back their tears D. they thought of their dangerous life53. Knapcik keeps Laura’s poem in his pocket ______________. A. to treasure her daughter’s love and to value his own life B. to keep it from getting lost C. because he can’t go out without it D. to mourn over the death of Officer Jay Brunkella54. Which of the following is the best title for the passage? A. Poem for a cop&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. An officer’s death C. A cop’s daughter&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Love my job, love my daughter}

我要回帖

更多关于 daughter 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信