The Art of Happiness-Dalaiein lama in yokohama哪里有这部书

iTunes - Books - The Essence of Happiness by Dalai Lama
Opening the iTunes Store.If iTunes doesn't open, click the iTunes application icon in your Dock or on your Windows desktop.Progress Indicator
Opening the iBooks Store.If iBooks doesn't open, click the iBooks app in your Dock.Progress Indicator
iTunes is the world's easiest way to organize and add to your digital media collection.
We are unable to find iTunes on your computer. To download from the iTunes Store, get iTunes now.
Already have iTunes? Click I Have iTunes to open it now.
The Essence of Happiness
A Handbook for Living
Dalai Lama
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Description
An updated edition of a beloved classic, the original book on happiness, with new material from His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Dr. Howard Cutler. Nearly every time you see him, he?s laughing, or at least smiling. And he makes everyone else around him feel like smiling. He?s the Dalai Lama, the spiritual and temporal leader of Tibet, a Nobel Prize winner, and a hugely sought-after speaker and statesman. Why is he so popular? Even after spending only a few minutes in his presence you can?t help feeling happier. If you ask him if he?s happy, even though he?s suffered the loss of his country, the Dalai Lama will give you an unconditional yes. What?s more, he?ll tell you that happiness is the purpose of life, and that ?the very motion of our life is toward happiness.? How to get there has always been the question. He?s tried to answer it before, but he?s never had the help of a psychiatrist to get the message across in a context we can easily understand. The Art of Happiness is the book that started the genre of happiness books, and it remains the cornerstone of the field of positive psychology. Through conversations, stories, and meditations, the Dalai Lama shows us how to defeat day-to-day anxiety, insecurity, anger, and discouragement. Together with Dr. Howard Cutler, he explores many facets of everyday life, including relationships, loss, and the pursuit of wealth, to illustrate how to ride through life?s obstacles on a deep and abiding source of inner peace. Based on 2,500 years of Buddhist meditations mixed with a healthy dose of common sense, The Art of Happiness is a book that crosses the boundaries of traditions to help readers with difficulties common to all human beings. After being in print for ten years, this book has touched countless lives and uplifted spirits around the world.
Customer Reviews
Art of Happiness
Let me start by mentioning that I don't read many books.
I came across this one browsing the book store.
I could not have found a better book.
The book does a great job of showing a path to a happier attitude that to me is very empowering.
It does so by balancing input/questions from the psychologist and examples/answers from the Dalai Lama.
This is done without getting into religion.
I think the goal behind the book is to show a path to happiness weather you are Buddhist or not.
I've read it twice in hardcopy and I've listened to the audiobook once.
If you get the book you won't be disappointed.
-reviewed on my iPad
Great book.
Worth the read.
Great Book.. Lots of errors in E-Book
This a wonderful book, but this e-book version is full of errors. It must have been scanned from a hard copy then dumped unread onto the iBook store. Almost every other page has some typo or mashing of words together that really takes the flow out of reading. It is still very readable but I expect well proofread book for $20.Please correct and update this book to the level the content deserves.
Customers Also Bought
$13.99Available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.Category: Published: Oct 01, 2009Publisher: Penguin Publishing GroupSeller: Penguin Group (USA) Inc.Print Length: 224 PagesLanguage: EnglishRequirements: To view this book, you must have an iOS device with iBooks 1.3.1 or later and iOS 4.3.3 or later, or a Mac with iBooks 1.0 or later and OS X 10.9 or later.
Customer Ratings
&&&&&158 Ratings
More by Dalai Lama
The Essence of Happiness is available for download from iBooks.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can download iBooks from the App Store.
The Essence of Happiness is available for download from iBooks.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can download iBooks from the App Store.
Discover and share new apps.
Follow us on .
Discover and share new music, movies, TV, books, and more.
and discover new iTunes Radio Stations and the music we love.Chorten of the fifth Dalai Lama in the Potala Palace in Lhasa of Tibet Autonomous Region
--- SEARCH ---
-----Media-----
China Daily
China Radio
International
Beijing Review
China Today
People's China
El Popola Cinio
Chinese Literature
Chorten of the fifth Dalai Lama in the Potala Palace in Lhasa of Tibet Autonomous Region
The Potala Palace is the biggest extant lamasery in China.
Inside the Potala the hails housing chortens are holy places and therefore their roofs are gilded. Kept there are chortens of the fifth, and seventh through thirteenth Dalai Lamas. They are all built of gold, silver, pearls and precious stones and are magnificently majestic. The chorten of the fifth Dalai Lama is the highest at 14.85 meters and the most sumptuous. A typical Lamaist dagoba, it is incrusted with a skin of gold foil mad inlaid with pearls and gems. According to historical records, more than 110,000 liang (5,500 kilogram抯) of gold and 18,680 pearls and gems were used on this chorten alone, making it the biggest and most sumptuous gold dagoba in the country, inside the chorten are the remains of the fifth Dalai Lama, given antiseptic treatment by Tibetan medicine, and other valuable relics.
Copyright &#169 China Internet
Information Center.
All Rights Reserved
Tel: 86-10-}

我要回帖

更多关于 ein lama in yokohama 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信